In this presentation we will showcase our approach on the digital transformation for the Oil & Gas Industry with the migration of GE Oil & Gas and Baker Hughes. Expect a combination of the business case, a customized agile approach and the technical solution as topics for this presentation.
- The migration of GE Oil & Gas and Baker Hughes was nothing less than a digital transformation for the Oil & Gas industry.
- A combination of Brains & Brawn, delivered a truly full stream digital industrial company.
- A new platform that celebrates the brand, pushed the new business and helps to deliver.
- A fully integrated platform across inter- and intranet, that serves the world and their employees by combining the best of both companies .
- Introduction of new best practices and technologies to position the BHGE brand as true future frontier for the industry and beyond.
- Platform to quickly release future satellite websites.
- How to approach an aggressive timeline and get alignment of many stakeholders from two formerly competitive companies.
- Introduction of our platform process, using a lockstep agile approach.
- Using workshops to gather business requirements and user needs.
- Using parallel work streams of UX, design, development and content creation.
- Delivery of full flexible components in an iterative way to fulfill the content needs of the new company.
- Drupal 8 as CMS with a multisite approach.
- One codebase to leverage both the inter- and intranet platform with similar components and content types.
- A combination of Acquia Cloud and Acquia Site Factory for a scalable and affordable platform.
- A powerful faceted Search solution using SOLR.
- A fixed rhythm of seamless DTAP deployments with a best of breed package of CI tools.
- Continuous security testing during development of the first launch and beyond, integrated in the deployment process.
- SSO integration for scalable and user (un-)provisioning.
- Multi-purpose Components
- Acquia Dam integration