Speakers can download various formats of our branded slide decks, as well as the Drupal Europe font families (Nexa bold and Open Sans).
If you choose not to use the branded slides, we request that you include the following slides in your presentation:
- title slide
- speaker slide
- contribution day reminder slide
If you are speaking in one of the tracks with a sponsor (DevOps + Infrastructure, Digital Transformation + Enterprise, Drupal Technology, or Government), you are required to include the track sponsor slide.
Speakers are required to arrive at least 15 minutes early for setup. Speakers have access to the session rooms from prior to the first session of the day and also during the breaks. We encourage speakers wishing to present audio/video files or demos to store these files locally on your laptop, rather than relying on an internet connection, which can sometimes fail.
Break length before sessions are different based on time of day and type of session. The second 20 minute sessions after lunch only have 5 minute breaks before them for technical setup. All other sessions have at least 15 minute breaks before them.
What to bring
- Your laptop with session slides in 16:9 aspect ratio
- Please make sure you start with a title slide so our archive team can capture it!
- USB flash/thumb drive with your session slides (just in case!)
- Video adapter/dongle from your laptop to HDMI or VGA
- Power connector for your laptop computer (please make sure to have the right plug or electrical adaptor to type F or type C)
- A slide advancer, if you want one
What we'll provide
- Screen in 16:9 format
- HDMI and VGA cables connected to a projector
- Power supply (type C/F)
- Microphone connected to the podium from where you will be speaking
- In larger rooms: audience microphone for Q&A (either way please make sure to repeat the question into your mic at all times)
- Audio connection at podium for your laptop
- Shared conference wifi
- A member of our AV team to help make sure you're all set up
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does your conference have a Code of conduct?
How long are sessions?
At Drupal Europe we offer 45 minute and 20 minute sessions. The Q&A portion of each session should fit into that time limit. Workshops are 105 minutes long.
How are speakers compensated?
One speaker per session receives a ticket to attend Drupal Europe. We are unable to provide for speaker's travel expenses or offer a speaker fee.
Is there a special room for speakers to prepare to speak?
Yes! We are providing a speaker room for speakers to relax, grab a coffee, and mentally prepare to present.
We record your session audio and slides and post the resulting video to your session page. For details, view our Media policy.
What permissions do I need to present?
Ensure you have explicit permission to share your company/client information, or at what level is appropriate to share.