The goal of our latest Thunder-based publishing project was to launch high performant, successful sites with decent test coverage. In this session we'll discuss the initial architecturial considerations (decoupling?) and share the experiences gained while working on the project.
Topics covered are:
- Decouple Thunder: Does it aid our goals, does it make the site faster?
- Leveraging the right caches: CDN, Varnish, Page cache, BigPipe & Dynamic Page Cache, Render Cache !?
- Cache context & tag optimizations for more targeted cache invalidation
- Frontend architecture & performance considerations
- Where progressive decoupling can be useful
- Automated performance testing